Sun Tzu talks of the 5 Factors for Success they are:
1. The Moral Law: Do you have the right cause, the right meaning, the right motivation to engage in your endeavour.
2. The Law of Heaven: Is the environment right, are the market conditions right to do so?
3. The Law of Earth: Do you have enough resources, can you reach your goal? Is it near enough?
4. The Law of Leadership: Do you have the wisdom, the courage, the kindness, the benevolence to do so?
5. The Law of Techniques and Discipline: Do you have the right techniques, the best tools, the best system of organization, and behaviour?
These are the 5 factors that will determine your success or failure. Ignore them at your peril!